1st post

In this blog we`ll share our opinions about the future of English teachers` jobs. Will our jobs ever disappear? What do you think?

Comments

  1. For me, yes, it is possible, today we live in a global economy, it is important save money and get results in more quickly time, teacher in a group represent pay salary, pay light in a classroom, you can downland APPS than you allow to learn English without necessity to get out your house.
    In public, one weakness is you don´t decide his or her teacher, many times, you have bad luck to take class with one teacher doesn´t know correct form to teach you or it is a group with a lot of students, they are not interesting to know English, only you and that represent a serious problem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i also think it possible that in a future technology willl replace teachers bescuse it has advanced a lot and has become part of our daily life.

      Delete
    2. Hi! I do not think you can replace the teachers. You need interaction to learn, also we must take account that not all people they are interested in social media and prefer a physical interaction for feel safe. And they may be so saturated at some point that they charge the service.

      Delete
    3. Jobs maybe be replace, We are not sure when is going to happen and how! Probably it will take little longer, for this reason we should be ready to change and to prepare in the best possible way!

      Delete
    4. I do agree with you teacher, but not in a way where technology will take palce, because it's better, but because teaching is a difficult profession and with the time, people don't want to do it, so, we will have to find a way to fill that area, and there's where technology will ake place.

      Delete
  2. It is interesting to think about the use of technologies and scientific advances, but I definitely believe that there are specific situations in which not only a consultant is needed, the figure of the teacher is necessary for teaching, clarifying doubts is essential, I do not say the virtual terms are bad, but it definitely does not replace a teacher !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I disagree with Tania,it is possible to put a program with usual answers to common questions, include a video explain step by step how to get the answer, teacher into a classroom, he doesn´t have a video, students with style for learning English visual they don´t put attention teacher only try to follow his or her class only with words.

      Delete
    2. I agree with Tania, the persons need to interact with more people. If the student have a question that needs professional opinion, or is a question with a lot of answers the teacher can guide for the exactly information that the student search. The virtual platform can generate confussed information to the students.

      Delete
  3. I am sure that technology is nowadays one of the most important aim to teach a different language, just like English. But it cannot replace a teacher, who is a guide and a leader in her/his classroom, who can also identify a hesitation or a question from a student and help him/her to find the answer nicely, and always human touch is so important to give confidence to the student. A machine will not learn you the sounds and tongue movements, just like a teacher does. Technology is good for teachers, but it cannot teach for itself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. However, I have seen some apps or programs that can teach you pronunciation in a very effective way . And What about the new robots that can identify emotions and adapt their conversation?

      Delete
    2. I accept that point of view Erick, in fact I used an app to practice my English when I was 20 years old. The problem was that I did not have a real guidance and the app worked for me just three or four weeks and no more.

      Delete
  4. It is that not true, Eddie Hernandez, there are examples teacher have like me, they don´t have a good pronuntiation another point against is in public system education there are groups with a lot of students, teacher cannot put attention all another situation there are differents styles to teache, that consequence you can have a good pronunciation but you don't put practice in class because you style to teache English is only with a book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, in your casé, how do you teach pronunciation? Do you use any technological tool or just ignore It?

      Delete
    2. It is possible to practice English pronuntiation with google translate or with wordreference, some books offers DVD to practice talking, example Pearson and English Hub, when i teach my students, i try to give them this skill, but i know i am not excelent or the best.

      Delete
  5. It could be... The human being does not have limits, so we are able to change the way we live. May be jobs would disappear because we did not have the need to work anymore. It's possible that in a future, our job would be enjoy life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, the technology is destroying everything to its pass, replace the teachers would not be the exception, however, although an application is more suitable and contains many more information, from my point of view, there is nothing like contact with students, it is necessary because links are created and learning is greater. therefore, I do not believe that technology can replace the teacher, only a tool of great support could be used. although taking into account the times we live, one could say that it would be possible, since society increasingly demands more things than are within reach of a person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don´t believe tecnology provide destroy, we have many examples our life is good thanks for tecnology, example medicine, we can know not only gender for baby, we can know if she o he has disease and try to cure include before born.
      I believe if we use tecnology in classroom, we ville have a better students.

      Delete
  7. Hi to you all, in my opinion I think that teachers in the classroom are really difficult to be substituted due to they do different tecnhiques for all type of the students, like visual, listeners and more. During classes teachers do many activities in order to cover all the skills that the students have to develop. A machine or computers would not be able to do that. Even more the interaction that all of the students have with their classmates is unvaluable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that interaction is necessary, but aren't we interacting by this means?

      Delete
    2. Yes it is true you have a variety students, that is the problem, in one group you find differents levels of use of English Language, students are better dont interest class only If they learn something new, the rest of students don´t understand because they don´t have the knoledge for that, if you program a computer, as the videogames with differents levels for dificult, the resolts of studies are goint to be great.

      Delete
  8. If you look around, there's something that hasn't changed in the last decades, which is education. Unfortunately, we have only adapted new technology. However, the teachers haven't been replaced nor the way we are taught has changed. The only way we can make a change is to motivate our teachers and our system to innovate the teaching styles according to our needs not theirs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that here in America eductaion hasn't Been changed like you said, but if we take a look to Finland education we can mention that it has been a bit change un this area. And I agree with you in the way to force are system to change for good

      Delete
    2. It's undeniable that point, however I think that in some latinamerican countries have that kind of system education, very traditional. Probably what is necessary to do is doing leverage of what other advanced countries are doing.

      Delete
  9. I believe it is possible for technology to replace teachers, since we are in a world in which we seek to satisfy our needs in the most efficient and easiest way we can find, because we can find many applications with which we can learn English, however, from my point of view, although teachers can be replaced, it does not seem like the best option because although we can learn English with applications, videos, books or any other teaching material, it is not the same as having a teacher English, because with a teacher, and colleagues, we can practice the language and we are improving, while with the simple didactic material, we only have the knowledge and now.
    What I mean, is that you can learn English, but that does not mean you know how to pronounce it in the right way, that's why I think it's important to have a teacher.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rosa Elena! I agree with you, because an app is a program and in real life we need to communicate with real situations. What I really think is that technology in the English classes should be used as a tool but it is never going to replace a teacher. Some apps can help you to practice, but real teachers really provide excellent explanations. So, I think that our jobs are saved forever, those are never going to be outdated.

      Delete
    2. Paola, i don´t believe teachers are going to be fired they need evolution, for example teachers always explain and write in blackboard, their strategy must be different, use video and internet as new fangled to atract attention for students.

      Delete
  10. In my opinion, it is very likely that in the future technology will replace education, we do not need to go to school to carry out our studies, so I think it is very likely to happen.

    From experience I have realized that you can learn most of the subject without a teacher, but sometimes you do not understand and it is very necessary for a good teacher to explain you in detail so that you can understand the subject well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I´m actually disagree with you, i think the technology can´t replace a teacher, for me it´s better if we use the apps or dynamics for learning in a better way.
      maybe now it´s possible to think about it and put in practice the better option.
      the teachers are necessary for education, almost they´re persons and they have jobs.

      Delete
  11. I was a e moderator in a Britsh Council´s Program a course of using technology to teach English, and that was an example of how people cannot be replaced by devices or apps. The course was on the web for Highschool teachers of the state schools. My general opinion is that technology can and will be used as a tool but it will never replace de F2F experience since the emotions in both directions teaching and learning are something machines so far have not been able to assimilate. So technology will never replace the teacher, it can be used. The other thing is that in general people are not very good at selfstudying.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think that if possible, but is not very good, because Is important that the teacher this present so that can solve our doubts at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you Laura. I am sure that many of us know that it is possible to replace teachers, how machines and many activities that we have seen with technological advances, some are obsolete or outdated, but in essence the human being by nature needs to interact for more that science and technology is constantly innovating !!

      Delete
  13. I think that it could be possible tecnology replace teachers´job because there are a lor of apps for learning english easier and it´s not necessary go to a language school oe with a teacher,you can learn english where do you want and when do you want.
    But never will be the same take classes with a app to take classes with a teacher,because the app does not give you motivation like a english teacher. Well tecnology can make easier give class but I think could not replace completely english teachers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is more commun technophile teenagers in classroom, it is not good we have in classrooms, teachers technophobe, against use devices and differents tools trie to be better life, for example imagine in last time was necessary student went university for register, now it is not more necessary, although you register in internet, this a cutting edge

      Delete
  14. I believe that it is possible that technology replaces the teacher. Well nowadays the technology is very advanced, and it gives us very good information to make our classes more dynamic and interesting. Nowadays teachers use technology as a tool to give their classes, it help us. Let's capture the information in a more effective way. That's why I believe that technology can reach a teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is possible.
    Actually with the Internet and globalization is easier to learn from web pages or videos and interact with other people to share tips or experiences than with a teacher in a classroom, sometimes the classes turn
    repetitives and monotonous so for me it's more comfortable and you can study according to you schedule, even in the bus or another place where it will be difficult for a teacher to teach, now we have a lot of apps and
    methods to learn english and other languages, which are more intuitive and didactive for the people, as we know not all the people learn at the same mode, ones can learn from hearing a song and repeting it, others from a movie or reading a book, for this reason i consider that with only one teacher per class is too difficult to adapt the topic for each student.
    With the improving of the Artificial Intelligence in robots or apps it will be cheaper and easier to teach languages, why, because the Artificial Intelligence will adapt to our needs and facilitate the
    process.Nowadays is more common to have a dictionary or traductor in our cellphones than carry with one in our back pack, i think this is because is easier to carry and is more specific and complete, this is a proof that the technology is essential and will be more in the future.
    Another point is that when a teacher get sick or dont go, most of the times, students lost the class, and they dont use this time to study the language.
    If students don't have a good teacher probably they will end up hating the language, not by the difficulty, if not the way the teacher teaches it.
    In conclusion, the technology will not replace only english teachers, if not another jobs, as in factories where the machines make production processes and humans only supervise, because machines are more eficient in less time than humans.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nowadays technology is fundamental for almost everything, especially for us young people, and of course, learning English today is essential in our generations.
    But I think that replacing the work of a teacher is not very good, because for me the interaction with another person seems fundamental in the learning of everything, if we realize, almost everything we learn is through dialogue with others. with the knowledge we have.
    However, a teacher can not know everything clearly, even someone from a native language can not know their language one hundred percent. This is when we could use this tool, to clarify doubts and read a topic more thoroughly.
    In conclusion, yes, we will use the Internet a lot to clarify and look for topics of our interest, but to replace a profession like that of a teacher, I do not see it as an option.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Oscar!

      I like your view point because the technology has changed our lifestyle and new teachers must be innovative in order to motivate and interact with their students. Beyond the classroom, the learning experience of a language should be significant helping the students to practice the different skills, as: reading, speaking, listening and writing. That's how a mix of practices between real teachers and technology could be effective for the students' process.

      Delete
  17. I´m sure that technology doesn´t replace teachers, that is not posible because as a teacher we are not only a guide but also we are mediators to achieve the teaching learning process, at the same time I´m sure technologies are the future in education, we can notice it nowadays in distance education, it is posible by technology.

    Thanks teachers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Albert, I agree with you that technolgy does not replace teachers but we need to use it in order to do more interesting our classes. Nowdays many of our daily activities depend on the internet, an app, etc., so we have to adapt our teaching methods in order to take advantage of the tecnhology.

      Delete
  18. Our classrooms are changing, and without a doubt I could say that they will look quite different (I would not say so much different, because I don't think that change so much in five or ten years than they do today ) but new technologies are being developed quick and I don't think that the teachers can/(should) or are going to be replaced by this, because if we do, we're going to be lost; the teachers are guides, facilitators, and mentors. They guide us when when we don't know about some topic explaining us and practicing our english. Yes, it's more easier (cheap, and confortable study from home in apps) the tecnology is an amazing tool, but I say it's better to have a teacher (the both options are great, they complement each other, but still...) An app can give information, activities... but a teacher would listen, practice and correct you if you're wrong about something; in a few words, they do what’s necessary for a student to succeed and an app only put wrong in right in one test; (sometimes also explain but the most of the time, there's no "more choices" if you didn't undersand with that example)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is true technology has revolutionared the way to learn any topic or languages, the apps are easilier to use and the resourse in technology help to techers and students to improve the skillls in the procces to learn a languages, these resourses are use specially for the new generations and it could be a new trend in education, however I agree with your poit of view the teacher are the guides, facilitators and mentors and I would add teachers generate confidence in students in the process of learning, teacher may never be remplaced by the techology.

      Delete
  19. At present there are several means by which people can learn English.
    I think that these media, whether applications, web pages and some videos could leave teachers without work, not only English ones, this could be expanded to more subjects, this would have its good parts like: being able to be learning from home without the need to attend an institution, and the bad part would be that the teachers could lose their jobs.
    With the advances in technology, I think it would be possible to create artificial intelligences capable of adapting to the student's level of learning and being able to orient it in a better way than any teacher would.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Rebeca Jiménez RoblesFebruary 22, 2018 at 9:39 PM

    I think that nothing is forever, the current generations are advancing very fast and that (although it may not seem so) is influencing technological advances. There are already several web pages that teach you one or several languages ​​(or apps like Duolingo) and although we do not want to accept it, we have to consider the possibility that professors from both English and other subjects will disappear.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I think that technology can replace teachers because its improving, and you can study from your home, but you also need a teacher in the case you dont understand something, beside thats their job and they shouldn't be replaced by technology.

    ReplyDelete
  23. With the fact that nowadays are online programs for learning other lenguage we could say that yes, technology can replace a teacher, it's not the same and it won't ever be, interacting with a real human being won't ever be as interesting as a computer or a no-feelings machine, but for learning english it could be possible and it's not too far from us, soon will be a reality.

    ReplyDelete
  24. For me, it is possible, but it wouldn't be the same, the patience and the understanding that a teacher can provide to the student it's incomparable and irreplaceable.
    A machine can teach but can't have that special touch that a teacher can't provide.
    I think machines can replace but cannot compare.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think technology replace teachers, the new resources to learning languages are a complement, the teacher is the support that help the estudent to improve in the process to learn, it is true people can learn by theirself but its necesary the guide and advices to learn according the abilities of each students.

      Delete
  25. I think we can use both cause internet offers you the oportunity to learn wherever you are, anytime, but the terachers can be more focus on you and they can give you more examples and you learn better the two options help you to learn english
    Alondra Vargas

    ReplyDelete
  26. I believe that no computer can replace a person in whatever aspect. We must not let technology control us. In these times humans are machines that produce machines. A computer can never replace the human warmth and affection that a teacher puts into his teaching.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I think we can change the form of the education to make the students learn whit tecnology more accesible than old forms like to books, notebooks, etc...
    I just belive in the future :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. The teacher is better because the technology may be wrong and the students have less learning and the teachers have patience to learn things and explain things well.
    then the technology will never be able to pass to the masters, although the technology can be used to help us a bit to translate some words or something that we do not understand that is about the English

    ReplyDelete
  29. I think it is possible that technology can reach a teacher who is very advanced and can become more concrete, but nevertheless technology can not be compared to what a person could find in a beauty salon. classes, why he knows how to empathize, however computers can not, a computer can never be the same as a human being, but it can be capable of being a teacher, as a teaching.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I believe that teachers can be replaced by the Internet, since there are more information sources in which a student can find all the information that this requires, in the same way there are many English teachers who do not know how to explain it, maybe they will understand well but are not good at transmitting that knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I think that technology will never be able to completely replace English teachers, since teaching in person will never go out of fashion or be a non-functional method for society.

    ReplyDelete
  32. It can be a possibility, since technology has evolved quite a lot nowadays, but an interaction with people is needed. But if it is possible.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Juan Pablo the embitteredFebruary 23, 2018 at 6:26 AM

    I think we never can change a all the people for learn this language, and I am in disagreement the tecnology replace to humans in one job many important how the education, but is probably to teach of better form in occasionally situations.
    In my opinion replace the teacher whit machines no is the best option.

    ReplyDelete
  34. in my opinion yes, it's possible because actually we have exellent ways to learn a idioms without the need of a teacher, i think books pages or apps can do the same job as a teacher because on this way it's a easy and fun way to learn anything, in times like this it's necessary find better ways to learn without needing to be in a classroom all day, this is bored and exhausting so i think that apps like duolingo or programs like open english its the better way to learn english

    ReplyDelete
  35. Jessica Marlene BokikamFebruary 23, 2018 at 6:27 AM

    Well, i don't think can technology replace english teacher in the class, because it's better to learn in person than on a screen.
    But, well, i'm a fan of video games, and i feel that this video game is very much used in young people. Personally comunicating with people in video games helped me a lot, and today i keep putting in into practice.This is depending on the use we give you. But i stiil thin i'ts better to practise lenguages in physical classes.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I think that technology can make classes easier but instead of replacing it should help the teacher to make his class more educational and entertaining for the students.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Well, I don´t think that some electronic device could replace a teacher, because a teacher not only teaches about the subject he is teaching, he can explain something about life, how can you face some hard situations, and that, no robot can teach it to you, he will just say what the one who programmed it, told it to do so.

    I think that actually, those devices can replace an unexperiennced teacher, but, the one that learn about the robot, they will only know about the subject, and no about the hard situations that the life can show you.

    In concussion I think that nowadays it can be possible, but I don´t think is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Well, I think that it could be possible because the technology now is an important part in our lifes and you can use it to learn new things for example, right now there are a lot of apps to learn subejects and you can do it from your cellphone or your laptop, The teachers in the classroom sometimes are not prepared to teach any subject and you can change that with an app or a web page online where you can learn about that subject.

    ReplyDelete
  39. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I believe it´s posible but the tecnology never can remplase a the people for example you never can have a conversation with a program for me is more important learn to talk with another people for the modism and the pronunciation.
    With the tecnology we can learn gramatical cuestions but no talk.
    This is my opinion.
    Hidalgo Ramírez Miguel Ángel

    ReplyDelete
  41. in my opinion i do not think it´s possible since most of the technology is not know if that information is true, also for a foreing language it is better to have someone to explain and teach us personally, but remember is my opinion and everyone thinks differently ;)

    ReplyDelete
  42. I think that it is posible to replace teacher with tecnology but I disagree because some people find easier to learn if they have someone to help them, and at the same time, their is other people that learn more or even faster if they study alone, but still, it's not fair 'cause a lot of teachers would lose their jobs.

    ReplyDelete
  43. for me, it is very posible,but thats no the same, its not the same talk to a computer than to talk to a human. this is my point, the computer will only teach you theory on the other hand with the human you can talk and refine your diction and pronunciation. CarranzaVillarruelMoisesIsai

    ReplyDelete
  44. I don´t think that, teachers can help you if you have doubts and techonology it can be useful as a tool for students.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Well, I don´t think that some electronic device could replace a teacher, because a teacher not only teaches about the subject he is teaching, he can explain something about life, how can you face some hard situations. The teachers in the classroom sometimes are not prepared to teach any subject and you can change that with an app or a web page online where you can learn about that subject.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Yes , it is possible, but is a dificult proces because the number of teachers in the schools. In fact technology can replace teachers but they can help students in other sectors than technology can´t.
    In my opinion never be the same but they jobs don,t disappear because they can job in this technology for a better and progress.

    ReplyDelete
  47. I think, it's a good idea, and innovation for the world but you need a teacher present because if you have a cuestion the online site cant respond to the same way a teacher would do it live and live. It is also better to stay in a room with more students and live together and help each other, I also believe that this motivates you to continue and improve class with class. But the technology is not guilty of anything, nor an error because its a tool necessary for the humanity.

    ReplyDelete
  48. In my opinion I belive in this moment it can´t replace the teachers of english because one computer doesn´t give you the same felling and it doesn´t teaches you as a teacher do, but maybe after many years later, the technology will be more avance and maybe we will have to replace the teachers in the classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Denisse Aguilar CruzFebruary 23, 2018 at 7:07 AM

    I think no, it is true that technology in these days have been changing a lot, and can be a support for the teacher, but technology will never replace humans.
    'cause some students learn more by the interaction teacher-student.
    The knowledge that each person have it's different; I mean technology we use in our daily life, we can do the homework and maybe learn something about a topic, but if we think about it, it's true that some teachers doesn't have the English level that we need to learn an important language like English, but we have solutions too, like for example they can take courses and develop their capacity to teaching.
    So my answer is no.

    ReplyDelete
  50. In my personal opinion I think the technology can replace an English teacher, because they sometimes can´t explain a simple class. I think that a teacher will be remplaced. But with the tecnology we can learn gramatical cuestions but no talk. This is my simple opinion.
    De la Torre Espinoza Ian Alexis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Why did you put your name at the end of the comment and not up?

      Delete
    2. I´m in disagree with that opinion bro.

      Delete
  51. Jesus Adeodato Lopez CarranzaFebruary 23, 2018 at 7:11 AM

    As we can see technology is growing up so fast in this decade and it’s giving advantages to the new generations and the elder generation and the education system it’s not an exception. Computers and cellphones give the facility to learn and have information in your pocket, but the question here is, Can technology replace teachers in the future?, well I think yes, the authority of the teachers are getting obsolete or null, and technology is more cheap than a teacher and do not get sick or absent and can be replace for another, that and the student interact more with technology and have access to it, so I conclusion in my opinion I think yes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Regino Topete R.well I think yes, the authority of the teachers are getting obsolete or null, and technology is more cheap than a teacher and do not get sick or absent and can be replace for another, you must admit that...

      Delete
  52. Diego Elias Mederos Ortiz
    I think is possible, even viable, but the experience would be so impersonal that in my opinion and my experience I will get sick of it that I would'nt pay attention.

    ReplyDelete
  53. For me, it's possible for computers to replace humans, I believe it's the future of the schools of Mexico. Some teachers are unaware of the subject or don't know how to teach. On the other hand, computers canno't be wrong, or almost don't. There are free applications that teach English from the comfort of your home, you don't have to pay for courses or leave your home, so I think the future is technology. Although I think, there is a problem which technology replaces the current system. The schools do not have the necessary computers to teach English correctly to a classroom of 40 students. The computers that we currently have are obsolete, slow and do not work for what we need.

    ReplyDelete
  54. fernanda itzel puente yerenasFebruary 23, 2018 at 7:16 AM

    i think that with the teachers we can learn better, because we can ask them about questions or something that we don't know, but the tecnology is a help, because it's more easier, fast and you can practice everywhere literally

    ReplyDelete
  55. Leonardo Rodriguez FigueroaFebruary 23, 2018 at 7:17 AM

    My personal opinion, the technology can be better than others teachers because sometimes the teachers they aren´t prepared for impart that class and the students dont learn nothing with these teachers, but we need more and smart technology.

    ReplyDelete
  56. Kevin Arturo Frias SalazarFebruary 23, 2018 at 7:18 AM

    I think that the new technology is very good in the present, for this reason is possibble that the technology replace English teachers in the classroom, but i think that is necessary to establish a relationship with the students and the teachers can be better the work in this case.

    ReplyDelete
  57. Luis Manuel Vazquez ManzoFebruary 23, 2018 at 7:18 AM

    Well, I think It could be a good idea,why?, because today we're living in a technology revolution and obviuosly the globalization helps a lot, a machine can remplace a human, and of course it can teachs a language, and example will be duolingo, it's an movil aplication where you can any language like Czech, French, Spanish, etc.
    And the majority of the times the professors that have this job doesn't have a good level.
    But I really disagree because a machine does not give the accent that a native speaker have, furthermore the students need have socialization between them and with the teacher, and I had experience with duolingo, it's a good app to learn a language and practice your pronunciation, but
    the app don't have the knowledge that a teacher has, in example duolingo doesn't teach you grammar rules, or how to conjugate verbs and obviously it does not give like the correct pronunciation and sometimes you could sound silly when you speak, it wold not be the same thing, and in my opinion whether I had a class with a machine, I'd sleep or will be boring.
    Anyway, technology is good and helps a lot, but it cannot remplace a human.
    And ideed a lot of teachers going to lose their jobs.

    ReplyDelete
  58. I think it´s posible and also important in some cases; there are people with the will to learn new things but the teachers they have aren´t capable of teach them the right way, so they need to learn by their own means, using mostly Internet and cellphone apps. With the assistance of an artificial inteligence they could learn what they need on a efficient way without the inconvenients of having to adjust to the rythm and voice tone of the teachers. Nevertheless the artificial inteligence has some flaws, for example, you can´t have a proper conversation with them.

    ReplyDelete
  59. Ivan Reyna Rojas

    Well, in my opinion I think it is very possible that this happens because, the world is really changing and we are in the future, I think the future is shyntetic and is good but I think we are losing something important. The humanity, the technology is good and some necessary we are the generation of change but is in our hands to make a positive change. We are in the future, we are the future. Someday, I do not doubt it, the machines will give us lesSons of Spanish , it does not have delays and maybe it gives an accurate information but I insist in emphasizing that the problem is in the humanity that we lose when accepting so much technology, that we ourselves we create.

    RRISE. //ARRIBA EL AMÉRICA//

    ReplyDelete
  60. I think that, maybe the technology would replace the study’s rooms because sometime it’s more easy study in home whit the smartphone or another device, but, not always it’s so efficient, sometimes the student need any person for tell how writer u other.
    And in conclusion I think that the technology it’s a great tool but not always it’s convenient and I prefer assist whit a school and any teachers.

    ReplyDelete
  61. Lorena Aranzazu Ceciliano VelascoFebruary 23, 2018 at 7:21 AM

    I think it´s not possible because you need a person in your classroom to teach you and give you courage to learn a new language. And you can´t ask your doubts to an app. But I think in the future it can be possible because the technology is getting a little a head of us and everything can happen these days, so we don´t have to take nothing for granted.

    ReplyDelete
  62. Yes, I think it will be possible in future scools, right now it is not, but we've got an idea about what would be the future in teaching. Like an exampe: Duolingo and another apps.
    We could example the case of Esperanto; this language is learned using Duolingo and the website lernu.net and a lot of speakers learn only with the websites and apps. If this online learning is possible in esperanto, it would be possible with english.

    ReplyDelete
  63. I think it isn't possible, even with all technology in the world, there's nothing like a human that can explain over and over again, obviously technology is a plus and is very usefull but it can't replace English teachers.

    ReplyDelete
  64. Rogelio Esparza BarragánFebruary 23, 2018 at 7:24 AM

    from my point of view the new technologies still can't substitute the tradicional teachers because not everyone has access to these technologies, I also believe that an application can not replace a teacher, although new technologies can serve as a basis or support to learn more easily

    ReplyDelete
  65. I think that teachers is necessary because the relationship with students can´t be substituted because it´s unique. Maybe the technology know more than teachers, but they teach values, disciplines and they probably become your second parents. The technology is improving every time over the years but I think that technology will never replace a person.

    ReplyDelete
  66. I think that it is not possible for an artificial intelligence to be able to replace a teacher since a teacher rather than imparting the material most of them reinforces the values ​​with which we have already come from home besides that the more machines have replaced more jobs will be missing, jobs that people need, so I agree that if there is artificial intelligence but maybe for jobs that require more effort and not something fundamental as a teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  67. Andrés Flores QuiñonesFebruary 23, 2018 at 7:28 AM

    In my opinion i believe that possible, Why? Cause the technology since some years ago it is more advanced year after year... Every day the technology it may surprise us with something
    And now if your question is how can do that possible for me? i think that can do possible in some classrom in the world while the gobernment contributes economically to the education sector, buying smart machines, trained robots or somethings like that.

    ReplyDelete
  68. In my opinion i think its possible to replace teacher with tecnology, because the tecnology is very advanced, but I think it would not be the same interest to be in front of a machine to a person, much interest would be lost, artificial intelligence will soon surpass us but it will never equal human treatment, technology advances faster than human thinking but I think it would be better to learn it with a teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  69. Juan Jose Gomez ArrevillagaFebruary 23, 2018 at 7:57 AM

    I think that it is not possible that an artificial intelligence can substitute a teacher because the vast majority of teachers since these in some cases more than impart the material also reinforce the values ​​that we bring from home after all are machines are more cold sentimentally speaking and if they replaced them this action would take many jobs that people really need

    ReplyDelete
  70. well, I think the technology won´t replace the teachers work, cause the machines need I person that helps here may be some truth, but I don´t agree the technology do our job.

    Regino Topete Rodríguez. 23 de febrero de 2018.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Regino, it is possible, machines replace hand workers, example companies cars, it is more frecuenthy they use robots builds cars, in education, we are witness many examples changes, remember, now is the blackboard and typewriter are a museum piece, we must not be afraid evolution, change piece of paper for devices.

      Delete
  71. i have reas ma y comments and i can say that i agree with some of you, because it is true that technology is covering more and more fieles and teaching is ñor the exception. if we consider time, place and oye different activities we will see that taking classes online in a short time will have more demand than classes face to face, but at the same time i agree with people who says that the interaction among teachers and students cannot be replace by technology.
    Argelia.

    ReplyDelete
  72. Ok Argelia, i am agree with you it is true on line education is growing and we can´t stop, this is a opportunity not disadvantage, because a good teacher always try to be update

    ReplyDelete
  73. In my opinion I think is a risk that all teachers have because we are in a modern age where day by day technology is advancing very quikly, we can see it in our jobs now, which are new courses are just online. but in other hand I think that its nesesary be in touch face to face with our students because nowadays students dont like to study in the classrooms, online class will be worst for them so I dont think we will be replace at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Franklin, There is no doubt that tecnholgy is advancing very quiclky. What I think is that we have to take advance of the tenchology and make our classes more interesting and use different resouces. If we use the actual tecnnolgy, the students (millenials) will be able to adapt their mind to work in different environments

      Delete
  74. Hello,
    I am not an English teacher. My friend, Bernardo Moreno asked me to join this discussion. I can say something from my experience as a philosophy, ethics and history of religion teacher that technology might be very usefully if you know how to use it in learning and teaching process. teaching is not just transfer of knowledge, hence teachers are irreplaceable. There is pedagogical side of teaching, too. Besides, in the teaching process itself it is not possible to replace teacher by technology. It depends on how you define teaching. If you stand for behavioral approach in teaching you might be replaced. You can read something about it here:
    http://www.socialstudies.org/sites/default/files/publications/se/6201/620101.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment